Sunday, January 19, 2014

Leni Goes Wild With Essential Oils

I've got some new stuff cooking up in my kitchen. Essential oils are my new passion. We've been using them for many years, but only recently began really researching the many ways we can use them for every day health.

Let's start with some disclaimers, shall we?
~I am NOT a doctor. 
~I do not have a medical degree of any kind.
~I am not dispensing medical advice. 
~I am a mom with a family that has numerous medical issues.
~My husband and I have been researching alternative medicine for about 17 years. 
~Western medicine failed us, repeatedly, and we had to look elsewhere. 
~Desperate times, desperate measures. Praise God. 
~I am simply sharing what we have experienced, take it or leave it. 
~There are AMAZING alternative practitioners out there. Go find one. Or two. Or five. We have three that we depend on and go to for treatment, advice and training on a regular basis. 

More upfront information.
~Yes, indeed, I sell essential oils. doTERRA Essential Oils, to be exact. Not because I need the money, because I love the oils.
~I suppose, in theory, I can make a profit. I haven't, but I could. I'm ok with that, but it's not my goal.
~If you know anything about me, I don't endorse anything I don't believe in 100%. 
~If the fact that I represent the company bothers you, I apologize, really. But it is what it is. I wouldn't endorse the company if I didn't think it was the best. There may be other great companies out there. I just don't represent them, so I don't know their stuff, therefore I can't endorse them. I don't talk down about other companies. I think it's low-class, and if you have a great product, you don't need to attack anyone else. Just do what you know. It's who I am. ;o)

Can I talk about oils now?

I'm going to do the unthinkable and not start with the basics. I'll get there eventually, but tonight I was just SO excited, I had to share an EO success. I have a child that gets nose bleeds. Sometimes they are really bad and really persistent. Scary, even. We've been to the doctor and had her checked for everything imaginable, they have found nothing wrong.

We tried a lot of stuff. Ointments, humidifiers, food elimination, acupressure, acupuncture, allergy treatment...you get the idea. Did I mention we do a lot of research? ;) After years of trying anything and everything, we have finally found something that worked. Cypress Oil. 



When she got a nose bleed today, I jumped into action. No really, I did. It was almost comical. I just got this oil recently, and have been waiting for a chance to test it. When I realized this was my shot, I jumped up, shoved my computer table out of the way, disentangled myself from my sleeping bag (Western NY is mighty cold this evening) and went running for the oil. I then wrestled her down and forced her to let me put some on her. She's a teenager, and somewhat resistant. I refuse to be thwarted.

I put a drop on the inside crook of each arm (about where they'd draw blood) because I'd read that this was a good place for this particular treatment. Within a couple of minutes, the bleeding had stopped. Now, might it have stopped on it's own? Maybe, but she doesn't usually stop that fast.

My husband had a lot of nose bleeds as a child, and there are a lot of circulation issues and vericose veins in the family, which all seem to be connected to nose bleeds and are treatable with Cypress.

I also read today that Helichrysum oil is great for nose bleeds, but it's expensive and I don't have any yet. It's on my list. Good for so many things!

Some folks have put together a great web site where you can search by oil, or by illness/symptoms. It is put together by folks that support doTERRA, but they try to make it usable for all. I only endorse doTERRA, but you do what you want and go with God. Just please, do not ingest ANY oil unless you know it is safe for internal use and of good enough quality to be ingested.

I plan to share more of my research as I discover new uses, and I hope you'll find it helpful. I really am having SO much success with these oils, I can't even believe it.

In coming posts:
DigestZen for ulcerative colitis, IBS, cramps, indigestion, nausea and heartburn.
Lemon Oil for germ killing and all around goodness.
Lavender Oil for relaxing, insomnia...man, did I not give this stuff enough credit!
Peppermint Oil for morning sickness, fever and energy.
OnGuard for the flu and nasty viruses going around. Everyone should have this stuff.
Clary Sage for all things female hormone related.
InTune for ADHD (family test subjects...we'll see what they think!)
Balance to bring you back into, well, balance. Hormones, anxiety, anger...
Eucalyptus for congestion and cough and so many other things!
Frankincense...where to begin. There's a reason the wise men brought Jesus this gift. Very expensive, very worth it.

OK, enough gushing about oils for tonight. I hope you find this as interesting as I do. If not, skip over it and find something yummy to cook. ;o)

Blessings and health from our home to yours,
Leni
http://www.mydoterra.com/lenorapdavis/


2 comments: