I have a special weekend edition for you! We hosted a bridal shower today, and this was one of the new recipes I tried. It was a huge hit. My daughter Noelle insisted that I send it to our family recipe email account immediately. ;o) One guest said that it was comparable to Applebee's version. Good news, since that was the bride's favorite!
~I mixed this up and refrigerated it a couple of days ahead of time. Being that it was completely chilled, I didn't think it would warm through in 2 hours, so I popped it in the microwave for a couple of minutes first. (Yeah, I used a microwave...lol.)
~This was just enough to fit into our itty bitty 1 quart crock.
~Quartered artichoke hearts are found in the canned vegetable isle. I thought I'd save you the trouble, since I sure couldn't find them!
~We served these with Tostitos Scoops.
~We had a 16 oz container of spinach, and I ended up just throwing it all in. Didn't seem over spinach-y to any of us.
You can find the original recipe at Get Crocked. Looking forward to trying more of her recipes.
- 2 - 8 oz. packages of cream cheese, (softened)
- 3/4 c. half and half
- 1 tsp. onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 c. Parmesan cheese, grated
- 10 oz. bag frozen cut spinach, thawed and well drained
- 13 oz. can quartered artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 2/3 c. Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
3. Pour the mixture into the crock pot.
4. Cover. Cook for 2 hours or until thoroughly melted.