Wednesday, July 24, 2013

A Night Out On The Town

Tonight, Steve took me out to one of my favorite restaurants. Ember Woodfire Grill in Livonia, NY. 
This place is wonderful. Seasonal menus, fresh, clean ingredients. It's a foodie's dream come true. It's housed in the old train depot that was a flower shop when I was in high school. A little nostalgia there. 

Tonight I had a new dish and an 'old' favorite. Nothing is really old on the menu, but when I order the same thing four times in a row, you know it's amazing.


This was the new dish. Crab cakes with Chili Lime Aioli and Remoulade. 
Isn't it beautiful? It was so good. It's topped with finely diced bell peppers, that were also throughout the crab cakes. Wonderful.


And this is my old favorite. Sweet Potato Egg Rolls.
Topped with a sweet ginger glaze and chopped fresh apple. 
I love these things. LOVE them.
I'm talking, if I was offered a final meal, this would be what I asked for.
They are on the Tapas menu, but I order them for dessert. 
SO good.

So if you are ever in Livonia, make a reservation for dinner at this place. It's worth it. Terrific atmosphere, nice music and an incredible variety of food. I don't know who the current chef is, but he or she is on my list of favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment